Who we are
Our website address is: http://shop.paddleboardinglondon.co.uk.
We collect your personal information when you:
- Visit any of our websites and order products and services.
- Create an account with us.
- Sign up to receive promotional content, e.g. E-mail newsletters or offers by post
- Engage with us on social media.
- Contact us by any means with questions, feedback, requests, complaints etc.
- Enter prize draws or competitions.
- Choose to complete a surveys we send you.
- Comment on or review our products and services.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect includes names, E-mail addresses, billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers, genders, ages, product selections and preferences, order numbers, billing information, payment details, shopping preferences, referring website Uniform Resource Locators (“URLs”), Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses (which identify the specific computer or device you are using), comments / feedback / reviews, webpage usage, social media profiles.
We also collect:
- Details of your interactions with us by phone, online or by using one of our apps, such as details of any comments, requests or complaints you make, purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket, products you show interest in, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
How do we use the personal data we collect?
We use personal data to fulfil product orders, perform our service contracts, enable order status tracking, and to send relevant promotional content which we think you’ll love, via email, text or post. We collect personal information in a few ways, some information you provide directly to us and others we may get from your device, depending on how you have configured your device settings.
When our customers order one of our products or services we collect and maintain their name, e-mail addresses, billing addresses, delivery addresses, telephone numbers, product selections, order numbers, payment details via our website. We collect IP addresses and other data to support our market research and understand the interests of our visitors. For example we use IPs to monitor the level of activity of different user groups on our site (how many people are on the site, which pages are their favourites and which countries we get the most traffic from etc.) and where relevant, we will send you marketing content related to your purchases.
If you wish to change how we use your data including opting out of receiving promotional content, you can easily do this as explained in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
Why do we use the personal information we collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide our visitors a quality, personalised experience and to improve the way we design and offer new products such as to project trends and optimise product development.
We use the personal information we collect on the basis of our legitimate interests and our need to process product orders and perform the services under our contracts, particularly to:
- Process any orders and payments that you make by using our websites, apps or in store.
- Respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints, and to keep a records of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you. We do this as required by our contractual and legal obligations to you, and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- Protect our business and your account from illegal activities, such as maintaining security safeguards on your account and monitoring your browsing activity to identify and resolve problems.
- Send you relevant, personalised communications by email, text and post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time, and you can easily do this as explained in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
- Display the most interesting content to you on our websites or apps, we’ll use data we hold about your favourite brands or products and so on. We do so on the basis of your consent to receive app notifications and/or for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device.
- Administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you.
- Comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- Send you survey and feedback requests to help improve and make our products or services more relevant to you.
How does the law protect your privacy?
Data Protection laws allow us to use personal information only if we have a proper reason for doing so. The proper reasons the law permits are when we:
- Have received your consent, or
- Need to fulfil our contracts, or
- Need to fulfil our legal duties, or
- Have a legitimate interest that the law recognises.
How do we protect your personal data?
We continuously work to treat your data with the greatest care and to take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We build our systems with Privacy by Design principles in mind, and do not store card details or sensitive personal information on our servers. The customer data we do collect is stored in a password protected area and protected against unauthorised access by physical and technical security measures. Data is stored on a secure server which has anti-hacking security measures in place. Personal profile data is stored in a password protected database on this server, which is itself protected with access permissions. User passwords are encrypted with modern non-reversible encryption methods. Transactions take place over a secure encrypted connection. Server software and security updates are installed automatically at a data centre run by insured hosting professionals and further organisational and technical measures are in place as part of our comprehensive digital security policy.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We do not sell, rent or trade any personal information.
We need to provide certain information to certain trusted third parties who assist us in providing our products and services and developing our markets. For example, we use third party service providers to enable payment, and other business services we cannot perform internally, such as fraud detection. Whenever we transfer personal information to third parties, we only provide the information they need to perform their services, and they are only permitted by contract to use the data for the purposes we require.
If any police force, regulatory body or other public authority lawfully requests us to provide personal information we may comply with that request without being obliged to inform you.
How long do we keep your personal information?